With an aim to support achievement of Project goals on 25th-27th March 2014 in Riga (premises of the State Probation Service of Latvia) were held expert consultations on development of tender for procurement of electronic monitoring in Estonia.
Consultations were given by experts - Heidi Reima (Prisons department advisor, Ministry of Justice) and Kadri Kiiker (Senior Probation Officer of Tallinn Prison).
During the consultations attendees discussed following topics:
- Future collaboration issues and appointments for the next visits to Latvia (documents required for costs reimbursement like daily allowances, travel expenses, etc.);
- Rent, lease or purchase of the electronic monitoring technology;
- Organizational aspects of electronic monitoring tender;
- Estonian experience in electronic monitoring implementation;
- Review of Estonian electronic monitoring tender’s documentation.
It is planned that Estonian experts will give their consultations for preparation of procurement several times more. There are planned several consultations of Norwegian experts as well, during which it is planned to elaborate on best experience based procurement for introduction of electronic monitoring in Latvia.